New Mac Question

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 28 01:44:49 CEST 2009

2009/8/27 Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>:
> Andrew Robinson schreef:
>
>> btw, I find the 'Spaces' feature in OS X is actually *better* than
>> having multiple monitors.
>
> Is that virtual desktops? I used that on and off on X-Windows and Gnome,
> but on Windows it was a bit of a disaster.

It's similar, but all the desktop icons and menus stay in place, only
the windows move. You can drag windows from space to space, and tell
programs to always open in a particular numbered space... I always
have google mail and skype in one space, itunes in another, and use 2
more for working in.

- A