New Mac Question

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 27 19:20:41 CEST 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 8:05 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> ibi sum schreef:
>> Go for it.  But maybe wait until after Sept 9th in case there are
>> price drops/spec bumps to the MacBook Pro line ..
>
> OK. Good idea. Thanks.

I think there is no real need for a desktop unless you are running
really intensive stuff. 4 gigs of ram is fine, I don't think that the
bump to 3.06Ghz and the ssd is worth it for the cost. Think about the
17" it's not much bigger than the 15" and you get SO much more
desktop. It's the same resolution as the 24" screen. But don't do it
if your eyes are not great :) Right now I'm not even using an external
and it's been fine.

http://www.polaritydesign.com/image/photo.jpg