New Mac Question

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 27 15:01:58 CEST 2009

I agree there's no need for 8Gb, my 8core MacPro struggled with 1Gb,
but seems fine with 2Gb. I think the tough choice now is jumping early
to run Leopard and be sure of compatibility or waiting a little for
Snow Leopard and whatever they might (or might not) announce in
September.

I still maintain that the 30" screen is the best value bit of kit I've
ever bought, personally I'd ditch the SSD and spend the cash on 30
instead of 24, but I'm probably doing a lot more graphics work than
you... oh and the colours are less leeched out than they look here
:http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/aug/26/filesharing-pirate-party-uk-downloads
:-)

- Andy_R