New Mac Question

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 27 12:42:36 CEST 2009

New development:

I might be donating my Macbook to Kristin, because her Powerbook
is 5-6 years old, and it doesn't want to do certain things she
needs, while my Macbook dualcore 2GHz will still be good for her.

That gives me the opportunity to get a new fast unibody
MacbookPro instead of a desktop, meaning I will have everything I
need in 1 nice portable computer instead of 2 computers.

I am interested in a 15".

I don't see the need for 8 GB of RAM (way too expensive, btw),
but I am thinking of the SSD 256 GB and the 3.0 GHz PCU.

Is that a good idea for Logic, Ableton Live, Stylus RMX, Trilogy,
Atmosphere and some synth/drum plugins? What about recording
audio? I also want to use this laptop Live. And I will buy a
24"screen, I guess. What is a good deal? Apple? Or Dell?
Should I wait for a next model?

Sorry for all the (perhaps) obvious questions...

What do you guys think (Joost, Andy, Jay, Romain)?

Thanks.
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n