Monowave debugging.... into DSP's

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 26 13:01:12 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 23:39:36 Joost Schuttelaar wrote:

> I think the best way to learn DSP is to simply write some standalone
> audio code on the PC in C. Then port to whatever you want. Perhaps
> prototype even in a higher language such as Python.

Why not a language that's made for DSP in the first place, like SoundCollider,
Pd, Max/MSP, Chuck, ... ? Plus, Miller Puckette's book about DSP and Pd might
be a good place to start (even if you're not interested in learning Pd):

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques.htm

Also, those papers by Jon Dattorro cover a fairly large range of interesting
topics (oscillators, noise, modulation effects, reverb, ...):

http://www.stanford.edu/~dattorro/EffectDesignPart1.pdf
http://www.stanford.edu/~dattorro/EffectDesignPart2.pdf
http://www.stanford.edu/~dattorro/EffectDesignPart3.pdf

In particular, his reverb algorithm sounds quite nice and is easy to
implement.