Monowave debugging.... into DSP's

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 25 15:39:36 CEST 2009

Hello guys,

After another frustrating debugging session on my Monowave X, I've decided
not to put anymore time in it.
This is my second project where I failed to get it finished. (the other one
was a Marc Bareille dual EG, that worked, but I never got it calibrated
correctly)
Anyway...
Since my modular is as good as done (well, all 100U are spoken for, but alas
a few modules don't seem to get much use so I will replace these in time) I
need something new to keep my brain entertained. So I bought an arduino.
Really nice toy, but it stays a toy (like the MFOS minisynth, it's not a
synth!).
Recently I ordered a Freescale Soundbite DSP board that has just arrived. I
was able to follow the factory check instructions so I got everything
installed and operational. So now it's time to get into programming.
Unfortunately, apart of my arduino programming (midi to analog clock & 8
step sequencer), I have no experience at all. (And as a reference I once got
a 2/20 for a C++ exam during my engineering studies. I had to redo the test
and I got an 18/20 that time, but still, that's like 15 years ago.)
I've been browsing the web for some DSP information, but that's not
sufficient to get me going. I'm now looking for:

*	good books,
*	forum's,
*	other recourses

any recommendations? I think I'm getting up to date with the hardware by
reading the manual (520pages), but I'm a little concerned about the
programming itself.
This feels a bit like when I started building my P3. It was my first project
ever and I had never touched a soldering iron before... nice;-)

Cheers,
ToAd
www.thebigear.be