Why no 12" Netbooks?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 19 13:36:10 CEST 2009

Exactly as jay says.  Also,  the price difference between a 12inch
netbook and a 14inch laptop is pretty small.  To keep the netbook
competitive, the seller would have to narrow their margin to almost
nothing.

Netbooks are pretty funny things.  Their success caught the industry
by surprise.  They like that they sell a lot of them, but the margin
is so much less, that its hurting their sales in other areas.

First desktops went commodity, and now laptops.  Soon it will be the
same with high end workstations.  Hard to be an OEM these days..

Tony