Dual CPU?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 18 08:34:12 CEST 2009

Peter

Quoting Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>:
> The reason why I asked is because my laptop at work is a Core Duo (not
> Core 2) mobile, running at 1.66 GHz and even with 2 GB of memory, it
> feels not very fast. Obviously, there's the mobile CPU, the lousy video
> and the 2.5" S-ATA disc.

A modern quad core desktop is totally different beast... I've seen
stunning performance differences between different generations and
models of (recent) mobile CPUs, some of which might have been
influenced by on-board graphics cards that share system memory. Don't
worry, you'll be positively surprised...

Bye
Martin