Dual CPU?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 17 08:56:50 CEST 2009

Peter,

Quoting Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>:
> One thing I was wondering, since I'm looking into getting a brand new
> PC, is whether anyone these days bothers to get a dual CPU machine.
> Obviously, both CPUs would be quad core.
>
> Is this silly to do at home? Is the extra expense wasted?

Only you can really answer that question. I went for a standard quad
core (2.4) some time ago and feel it's perfectly adequate for my
needs, including regular photo editing and the occasional software
development and 3D graphics task (and, of course, music). So for my
personal needs, it's not worth the expense. There aren't all that many
moments where I feel that four additional cores would make a
difference, I'm usually limited by other factors such as disk speed
and how fast my brain and fingers work...

Bye
Martin