Nice article from a pro Musician on switching from OSX, to ..

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 14 00:21:12 CEST 2009

Tony and Jay,
I will definitely try a day but
first I will go next sunday to France then to Germany for vacation during
two weeks ... :P
I think I will try when I will be back ...
Thank you both for the tips it well appreciated :)

http://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/wiki/GetPureDyne

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

> > Getting a fully configured Linux box studio-ready is not a trivial
> > task.
>
> The Pure:Dyne bootable USB fob, or something like it, is all you need.
>
> > But I
> > agree with Jay - a properly configured Linux DAW is good - I would
> > say amazing.
> > If you don't need sequencing, then Ardour is scarily professional.
>

> And MIDI sequencing/editing is coming, at least its looking really
> good in the latest builds ..
>
> Look guys, Just Try It.  Get a cheap USB stick, put Pure:Dyne on it,
> and see for yourself ..
>
> ;
> --
> Jay Vaughan