Carl Carig, Moritz Von Oswald, and Ravel

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 13 22:47:40 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> Notable exception: William
>> Orbit's "Adagio for Strings" (the up-beat version, not the one on
>> "pieces in a modern style"), he somehow hit the sweet spot for my taste.
>>
>> (This is the one I'm talking about:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbIHxKh9bk&feature=related - of course
>
> Try the name of the remixer, Ferry Corsten:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPAkX1oot0

Ahh, yes, same version. That's the guy that lured me into buying the
Pieces in a Modern Style album that turned out to be very dull...

> The remix has very little to do with what William Orbit made, which is
> probably why it's palatable.

One could call it just another remix of the original Samuel Barber piece
after Orbit dug it out...

Martin