Nice article from a pro Musician on switching from OSX, to ..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 13 17:47:39 CEST 2009

> Getting a fully configured Linux box studio-ready is not a trivial
> task.

The Pure:Dyne bootable USB fob, or something like it, is all you need.

> But I
> agree with Jay - a properly configured Linux DAW is good - I would
> say amazing.
> If you don't need sequencing, then Ardour is scarily professional.

And MIDI sequencing/editing is coming, at least its looking really
good in the latest builds ..

Look guys, Just Try It.  Get a cheap USB stick, put Pure:Dyne on it,
and see for yourself ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan