DSI Tetra

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 12 20:14:46 CEST 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> So, what do you wild boyz think of the new DSI Tetra?
>

> i see no reason for this synth.  the user interface sucks ass.  no
> effort put into it whatsoever.  pure washing-machine, pocket-
> calculator.  zero gronk.

What it is, is a dave smith synth for cheap, just like the MoPHo I
have. The interface completely blows yes but I did not want to drop
such a large sum to get some dave smith sound. The software editor
opens it right up, though I have been having trouble with the "free"
editor being quirky. Might try the $30 or so pro version. Also might
get a dedicated midi controller for it.

Bottom line it's dave smith so it will sound good, just don't expect
to have fun programing it from the unit.