Maschine

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 10 01:17:00 CEST 2009

On Aug 9, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Matt Picone wrote:

>> I'm not crazy about the flat display, it would have been nice to have
>> an MPC display you could angle.
>
> SO TRUE! I envision making a little wedge to sit Maschine on.

It works ok on my laptop stand but still kinda high:

http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html

>> I saw something
>> about about midi sequencing improvements in the next version but I
>> don't know if that's just for external or internal also.
>
> Next version being 1.1 or 2.0?
>
> 1.1 is more simple midi improvements.

ah ok, yea looked at the forums, apparently the whole midi out thing
is a touchy subject, but it looks like it will happen eventually.

>> Still have more to learn and go through on this, but within an hour
>> and only looking at the manual at a few things I was making music,
>> and
>> it's fun. Right now it seems like it's the best of all worlds and I
>> want to just sit and make tracks, screw daw's.
>
> DAW integration will be shaping up too...

Cool that will be nice.

The integration of other NI instruments and 3rd party pug-ins via Kore
(or whatever) will really blow the doors off things, but it's probably
good they are taking their time with things and starting simply.