Komplete 5

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 5 23:12:51 CEST 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>
wrote:
> So... Maschine can do things that the APC-40 cannot do, because of the
> tight integration with the drum-machine software.
>
> But is the reverse also true? Can the APC-40 do things that are a lot
> more difficult with the Maschine?
>
> - Peter

They are two different animals. Think of maschine as an mpc type
device  where you can run it standalone and make whole tracks (basicly
a hardware groove box with your computer attached) and/or use it in as
a plugin in your daw. It's not just "drum maschine" software, think of
it as a production enviorment (minus advanced external midi seq
features, though its supposed to be getting them in an update) It also
doubles as a midi controller with all sorts of templates, Mackie
control, live etc...

Apc is ment to just be a controler for live plain and simple, all
those buttons are ment to play clips not beat out drums. You can use
the maschine just like the apc in live but of course it would be nicer
to use an apc because you have a lot more buttons and specific controls.

That's not counting people hacking the apc to do what ever the hell
you want.

I am more excited about maschine than I have been about a peice of
gear in a while.

Does not help I got shipped the educational version and now have to
wait for a new package :(