Ardour

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 30 14:23:45 CEST 2009

So, anyone on a linux system that uses ardour that's willing to get me
started with it?
Maybe best off list?

I'm an overall computer n00b, but I got Fedora 9 installed, got my Delta1010
working and I was able to record some audio with it.

My main problem now is, let's call it inconsistent latency. When I record a
few tracks at the time, they are perfectly synced. But when I'm recording
additional tracks, they are shifted a bit. (a few 100 samples)
I think sync points are the answer, but I haven't tried that.
Also this region stuff is very confusing to me...

For me this is new territory as I used to be a 'single take' guy;-)

Anyway, any pointers appreciated.

PS yes I did RTFM and I searched the web. This link was very helpful:
http://vimeo.com/2867399

Cheers,
ToAd
www.thebigear.be