using plugins (compressor) DURING recording in Logic

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 29 19:30:31 CEST 2009

Gert,
I m not sure but i think i g ot one answer :

if you want to print or record effects directly  on your recording
You need to set a new input in the environment window of logic  and set the
effect you wish to it  ...

In the environment window :
Go to "new" => "Channel Strip"=> "input" (i think you can rename it for
intance:  input X)
then still in the environment window add the effects you wish into the
"input X"
then in the arrangement window select "input X" press record
and  normally yours effect are printed or recorded directly on the track.

I hope this help ...
Let me know :)

Cheers
Romain

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl>wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm trying out some new options for recording, and I was
> wondering, since I am used to use a (hardware) compressor when
> recording vocals, bass or whatever:
>
> 1. is it possible to insert a compressor in an audio track in
> Logic, and record your instrument or voice INCLUDING the effect
> of the compressor?
>
> I have checked the internet, and there's some talk about input
> objects, but I just don't seem to get it.
>
> 2. Also: is it true that when using a compressor or limiter this
> way, it won't protect you from clipping, since the
> compression/limiting is happening after the AD-conversion?
>
> Thanks for your ideas!
> --
>
> :-)
>
> G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n