Test? Is it safe?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 23:42:49 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> my favourite thing on the desk in front of me has a solar panel
> integrated into the case.  it does not need a battery in order to
> operate.  it is a calculator.
>
> why we can't have micro-computers exactly like that by now, defeats me.

Make your own.
That's what I'm doing.
Ok. So it's just an eeepc and a 4W+ solar panel (with some very simple
external circuitry I shall add), but I intend to take it on short cycle
tours to charge lights and a tiny gps too. I have another panel made
from some (acquired) garden solar light panels already for charging a
smaller battery pack. Works fine. Puts out over 80mA which is a safe
level for constant top up trickle charging of nimh.

If anything runs out of power, tough, there's always tomorrow ;)
(or a back up battery pack)

12V stuff...

http://www.the12voltshop.co.uk/Shop/appliances-12-volt-and-24-volt/