Test? Is it safe?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 19:40:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

> i'd love to read the research you're basing this opinion on.

Ive read a lot of articles about it.  And it really is common sense if
you think about it.  The energy to move a vehicle has to be produced
somewhere.  If its not in the engine compartment than its somewhere
else.  In this country, the most common means of producing electricity
for the grid is via coal burning power plants.  So, in effect, your
car runs on Coal and not electricity.  If we could switch all those
coal plants to cleaner options the equation changes, obviously, but
thats going to take a long time to make a practical dent.

> microwaves in space, ftw!

I am all for that, if they can make it work.  Problem I see is that
with all that space junk up there, its going to be hell keeping a
large enough solar array working.

Tony