Test? Is it safe?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 17:00:28 CEST 2009

Chris Strellis wrote:
> What gets me is that I don't know why new build houses don't have solar
> heated water panels installed demanded by Government legislation.

There are a few small estates where geothermal (as in ground source) are
installed for all the housing I know of. It's part of a selling point
more than to save the universe. It's always for selling...

> Hmmm...too many people getting rich over the "Being Green" thing I
> suspect which gets in the way of the big picture.

Ja. It's ok by me if it's a Jackson Pollock picture ;)

The gov. does offer financial assistance, grants etc. but it's far too
difficult to get these, let alone try and find out what's really available!
I got a gov. backed company to insulate this house about a decade ago,
but sadly they really skimped on the loft insulation leaving a lot of it
half baked and certain parts completely uninsulated. I suppose they have
limits on resources and time per job...

DIY or splashing out an imbalanced amount is the only way to go.
By imbalanced, I mean the cost of getting the work done professionally
far outweighs the savings.

The utility companies would, I imagine, have little real support for all
it's base using a lot less power.... But that's another story ;)