The device we want is near at hand ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 22 16:06:56 CEST 2009

Paul,

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
>> I read Martin's answer as "a theremin is hard to play DUE to the lack of
>> tactile feedback".
>
> meh, due to lack of practice, many people manage it

There's more than practice to it. Muscle memory is an extremely
important aspect when playing any instrument. This is a lot easier to
acquire when you have a tactile reference, e.g. when you feel that your
hand is in the right position.

Just because you *can* make music without tactile feedback doesn't imply
  it doesn't help... So yes, Chris' reading of my answer is exactly what
I had in mind.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch