All Hail GORF!

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 19 17:19:08 CEST 2009

Jay,

> Well, I made the GORF kit on Friday night, and I have to say this: it
> rocks.

awww, you say the nicest things.

> Okay, its a -bit- fiddly - and I would've put the buttons on the
> bottom of the board (underneath the pots) and maybe a *little* bit
> more space between the pots would be nice, but other than that .. it
> is *hell* fun to play with.

yep, I had planned more space, between everything, but the software I
used for the PCB layout had a limit of 100mm by 80mm, which is what
you have there. I'd have gone for about 140mm by 100mm and had more
distance between the knobs and switches, etc.

> Paul, I demo'ed it at MetaLab all Friday night, set it up in the
> studio and we enjoyed playing with it immensely.  Needs a multi-mode
> (two or 3 more MIDI channels would be nice)

a few people have asked for this, I'm not sure how I can do this yet
without the someone ending up having to push the mode button like 12
times to get to third channel.

> and we *Desperately* need
> a case for it .. speaking of which, I'll do some little design work to
> cut a case on the MetaLab CNC machine out of perspex this week, so if
> you want that, I'll happily add it to the GORF Downloads assets.

yep, on the vacoloco mail-list a few people have expressed an interest
in a "sandwich" type case. Bit of perspex for the top and bottom held
together with longish screws.
If you make them, let me know, I'll have one and I expect a lot of the
40+ other GorF owners would too.

> And now the big question among the synth team at MetaLab is what it
> would be like to have 8 or 12 of the GORF's in a big panel, all
> individually controlling different synths.  I think we're gonna try to
> build this monster, honestly ..

hehe, you're NUTs!!!!

> So: WELL DONE Paul Maddox, you have another wonderful product under
> your belt.  VacoLoco synth designs FTW!

awwww
<blushes>

cheers dude