USB lcd display

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 11 11:58:20 CEST 2009

these screens are integrated into a lot of the hardware i'm dealing
with lately, my pdev machine has a very old but truly great blue
160x64 from .. ermm .. some german ripoff of crystalfonts, i suppose.
a nice way to keep sysload and other stats on the screen while you
push the machine around doing other things.  run swar, and so on.

> I would like to be able to control a pc from them so it seems like
> it would
> be good but I was wondering if anyone had any comments.

treat it like a printf() and "tee /dev/ttyLCD0" while you're hacking,
and you're good to go, bonus points if you exploit the onboard
terminal capabilities (shift region, 'pages', charset re-code, etc.)
and if you shop around you can get one that will just do graphics and
text through a hazeltine or vt10x termcap, even ..

be aware that many have a small 8-bit microcontroller onboard that can
confuse you if you do not turn it off/exploit its 'features'.

;
--
Jay Vaughan