Fun Update

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 9 18:45:35 CEST 2009

 > I wonder how FZ handled this challenge. His sound was always perfect,
IMO,
 > though with a much smaller range of effects.

That's easy: he performed one album at a time-- this is a retrospective,
so there are a great number of changes besides effects on/off-- amps,
guitars, etc.--- plus, a heaping of originality in terms of modern and
innovative tones.

For example, I created a really cool program which appeared on stage the
very same night it was delivered:

1/4 note square trem with pulse width offset --> vintage delay clocked
to 3/8 --> split to dual modern overdriven amps/cabs ==> digital delay
clocked to 1/16 with a .1% time offset on one side ("wide") ==> Stereo
to envelope controlled zero-cross flanger -->multiband compressor.

To top it off, FZ had great techs.

-m@