I've just experienced a double disk failure on my raid 0 array

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 6 22:07:57 CEST 2009

Søren Knudsen wrote:
> In their defense, they were running in a passively cooled enclosure and probably close to their maximum temperature.

Ahhh, that's an issue. What about vibration? I was once reading up on
the difference between the "server" and "desktop" models on the Seagate
Barracude drives and learned that the difference was the amount of
vibration tolerance. If you have several of the same drives on the same
mounting frame, there's a high chance that the drives resonate, leading
to highly amplified vibration and hence much shorter life.

Martin