I've just experienced a double disk failure on my raid 0 array

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 6 21:28:09 CEST 2009

I'd bet your drives were both from the same batch and had some shared
fault.  I would definitely check with the manufacturer to see if there
had been a recall. It is highly unusual for two dirves to die that
quickly.  We have servers here running raid 5 and we have very few
drive replacements.

tony