Mini "Full Range Lite" Guitar System

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 6 08:07:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Thought I'd share plans for my new "full range lite" stereo guitar amp
for the Axe-FX Ultra. I say "lite" because I don't really expect or need
it to truly be full range, but I think I'll get range and response
that's quite acceptable for (albeit heavily effected) electric guitar.

With this rig, I should be able to get from the car to a stage or
session in three trips.

FIRST TRIP: I'm working on designing a folding stand from my array of
leftover Ultimate Support parts.

SECOND TRIP: Each of 2 the speaker cabs will be light enough to carry in
1 hand

- Cabinet enclosures are from my "retired" Tech21 PE60s (6 lbs.)
Half open back, there's enough space in these for all cables, any
pedals, and a small power conditioner. (4 lbs. extra in each cab.).
They're small enough that I can fit both of them in the back seat of my
little Saturn and still take in one passenger :-)

- The drivers are to be Radian 512/2B Coaxial (14 lbs.)
http://www.usspeaker.com/images/radian-512-2b-freq-size454.gif

THIRD TRIP: The power amp is a Carvin DCM-150, (9 lbs.)
It's in a 3U case (4 lbs) with the Ultra (8 lbs)
Plus a guitar in the case weighs less than 20 lbs.

Total cost of the crossgrade/upgrade should be less than $1200, which
will be very much offset what I'll get for the stuff I'll sell when this
is done.

Hoping to have this ready and rolling for an improv gig on 4/21. I'll
post an update and pics.

-m@