annoying UK 8-bit snobbery ..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 5 12:20:09 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> I'd be willing to go to UKP80 on this new one ..

That may not be enough to clinch it..
Poms are very serious about not losing an ebay auction, even if it means
paying more than RRP, especially with old computers! :)

Many Poms make out their auctions as UK only and don't specify postage
to overseas because they can't be arsed with it. If you bid, as a
foreign dumbdumb on a specified UK only auction, it's your own fault ;P
It's not the sellers fault the UK Royal mail sucks so bad at overseas
posting options for large and/or heavy items (large and heavy for them
is very small and light).

Another factor to take into account is how underpaid and moody the PO
staff tend to be. I'm used to getting insulted for forgetting the most
minor of details or having two post office workers inspect, weigh and
measure my package (ooeer) multiple times, humming and tsking and
whispering under their breath about how close to volumetric weight
limits it is..

DHL or similar is ok, but you can practically forget tracking and
protection for certain items.

So.

It is the great democratic and free system, lying on a pillow of £5
notes with an uncomfortable £1 placed strategically under it, just to
ruin your comfort, with instructions, policies and procedures written
into a 400 page manual in the wrong language. That is to blame ;)