Live Suite Dilemma

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 5 01:18:03 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten schreef:
> Gert van Santen schreef:
>
>> I want to get rid of any system where people get stuff because
>> they do something. I want a system where people get stuff just
>> because they exist, and they want it or need it.
>
> That would be the end of humanity. We'd end up as a bunch of inbred
> imbeciles, and some other species would take over as being dominant.

I think you don't have enough confidence in mankind.

>> I also want a system where there is no (or almost no) labour done
>> by humans and there are no jobs. Having a job is a "modern" form
>> of slavery. I don't like that.
>
> No, it's an alternative of being mauled by the prey that you're hunting.

I don't get this.

>> I know we haven't. And we probably won't, until someone will
>> genetically "improve" us. That's why money will always be a bad
>> thing.
>
> There's no such thing as genetic improvement, other than what happens
> through evolution.

That is not true. It is definitely possible to change and
"improve" any species by genetic engineering.

>> I really want money to go, though.
>
> You're really not understanding what money is about, I get the impression.

Money used to be a solution in the very beginning. But money is
easily used to manipulate people. Now, money is only about power.

> If there will be a better alternative to money, money will disappear.

There is no alternative. Either there is money, and most people
will be slaves, or everything is free, and everyone will be free.

> That's how things work. If money doesn't go - and it's been us for quite
> a while now - there's apparently nothing better yet.

Think outside the box...

> The mistake you shouldn't make is looking at money in isolation, and
> blame it for this, that or the other. Money is not the cause, money is
> just the tool for what makes us human: striving to be the best, to have
> the most and most successful offspring. We're really not different from
> any other animal there.

I don't believe this.

> Don't blame money, blame human nature. But human nature is what got us
> down from the trees, and play synthesisers rather than knocking each
> other down with the nearest stick.

True. And human nature is what should free us from money.
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n