Live Suite Dilemma

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 21:37:32 CEST 2009

The Dong schreef:

> I don't think it's helpful in the slightest to measure who is the best
> human by how much money they throw around or hide away in a seedy bank.
> I'm not impressed by those who 'generously' insist on paying for the
> meal or buying all the rounds, for example.

Absolutely. I've done some more thinking in the mean time, and whilst
the 'survival of the fittest' has made us what we are today, if we leave
it unfettered it will lead to social inequality, unrest, conflict, and
survival of the fittest in an entirely different way.

But... it is the way things are. Personally, I measure success in a
different way, and on this particular list, some of the people I admire
most are very much not into the whole moneymoneymoney thing.

But in general, you see that it is a way how many people measure success.

> They aren't doing it particularly for everyone else's benefit.
> Some might say it is actually offending behaviour, others don't read
> very deeply into it because they are just happy to save a little money.

They're doing it to show how successful they are, and by extension, what
good genes they have. And how the other's genes are apparently inferior.

Mind, I'm not a psychologist, so there's a fair chance I'm talking a lot
of rubbish here, but I have trouble seeing humans any other than
well-dressed chimps.

> I refer you to my previous quote made by Tony Blair.
> We're only using bigger and better sticks today ;)

Because we can afford them. ;)

- Peter