Live Suite Dilemma

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 20:05:35 CEST 2009

Gert van Santen schreef:

> I want to get rid of any system where people get stuff because
> they do something. I want a system where people get stuff just
> because they exist, and they want it or need it.

That would be the end of humanity. We'd end up as a bunch of inbred
imbeciles, and some other species would take over as being dominant.

> I also want a system where there is no (or almost no) labour done
> by humans and there are no jobs. Having a job is a "modern" form
> of slavery. I don't like that.

No, it's an alternative of being mauled by the prey that you're hunting.

> I know we haven't. And we probably won't, until someone will
> genetically "improve" us. That's why money will always be a bad
> thing.

There's no such thing as genetic improvement, other than what happens
through evolution.

> I really want money to go, though.

You're really not understanding what money is about, I get the impression.

If there will be a better alternative to money, money will disappear.
That's how things work. If money doesn't go - and it's been us for quite
a while now - there's apparently nothing better yet.

The mistake you shouldn't make is looking at money in isolation, and
blame it for this, that or the other. Money is not the cause, money is
just the tool for what makes us human: striving to be the best, to have
the most and most successful offspring. We're really not different from
any other animal there.

Don't blame money, blame human nature. But human nature is what got us
down from the trees, and play synthesisers rather than knocking each
other down with the nearest stick.

- Peter