4 displays on my mbp? so gonna get this :)

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 00:56:01 CEST 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Andrew Robinson schreef:
>
>> The 'spaces' feature in Leopard has totally* cured me of the desire
>> run multiple monitors. It's practically the same functionality, but
>> the menu bar, dock and background items stay with you so there's a
>> lot
>> less mousing, and you don't need to turn your head. Unless you're
>> really into immersive multi-screen games, then I'd go for 1x30"
>> screen
>> over 4x23"s anyday.
>
> Spaces, is that Applespeak for virtual desktops?
>
> - Peter

Yep, pretty much what Windows has had as an extra feature since
Windows 98 (via the PowerToys add-on), BeOS has had all along, and
Linux has had for quite awhile.  OSX can have up to 16 virtual
desktops (4 rows by 4 columns), BeOS PE 5.0 could have up to 32!!!!
 From when I remember trying with the PowerToys add-on for Windows 98/
XP, it had 4 desktops.

Although for me, the multiple desktops just get more confusing as I
get older.  Easier to just Alt-Tab(Cmd-Tab on OSX) 5-15 different
programs than it is to switch to another Space and then do some more
Cmd-Tab'bing.

--komatos/wasted