Motu Volta

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 2 11:35:45 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

Yes, that's right.  My point is from "the host software then routes to
the outputs of any DC-
coupled audio interface connected to the computer".

No audio card worth its salt should be DC coupled.  DC offsets are BAD
in audio => pops and clicks, reduction in dynamic range. So you need
their card or modify your existing one and dedicate it to this or make
it switchable.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.motu.com/marketing/motu_products/software/volta/volta-
> press-release.pdf/download
>
>    HTH -  m.  :-)
>

> On Apr 2, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Chris Strellis wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > No one has done it before because you need a DC coupled audio card
> > i.e a card that goes down to 0.00000Hz!
> >
> > Most audio cards have an AC coupling (DC blocking) capacitor on
> > their inputs and outputs that acts like an high pass filter and
> > removes DC offsets.
> >
> > You need to buy their special audio interface or modify your
> > existing audio interface to remove the inline capacitor and put a
> > wire link instead.
> >
> > Not impossible but probably more hassle than most people would
> > tolerate.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Chris

CV/