Online Backups - Mozy

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 30 20:47:25 CEST 2008

> > why is online backup better than local
> > hardware, for you
>
> Keeping a local backup device up and running is a pain. It also eats
> space, electricity, and can be noisy. I believe online b/u is also more
> cost efficient, given maint. costs.

Yeah, what m@ said.  For me its:

1) simplicity; knowing it is all automatic and I am out of the loop (Im
lazy)
2) the cost saving
3) proper data security

What is your backup setup, Jay? Im not pointing the finger; if you say
"none" that does not make you a hypocrite or whatever (I have never backed
up!).  Im just curious..

Putting aside privacy fears, I will be surprised if anyone in here has a
system that is as solid Mozy (etc). If anyone does come close, it will be
interesting to know the effort and cost of their routine and setup.

Snogs,

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"