Online Backups - Mozy

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 29 21:04:22 CEST 2008

> There was a time when I would have loved for this sort of scenario
> to be
> true, but really, this is deluded teenager sort of thinking.

It isn't.

> Everybody loves a conspiracy theory but come on guys - lets be
> sensible
> about this...

What motivates these backup organizations to provide such a great
deal?  I mean, they are steadily increasing the amount of data that
they must protect.  Is it worth it, really, the amount you pay?

Unless you push further into the cloud, you have no way of knowing
what sort of front group this is.

Up to you, though.  Me personally, on the basis of my experience with
the data integrity issue and the sorts of people who capitalize in it,
I would avoid doing backups with them instead of having my own systems
of protection.  And really, is it that hard to protect oneself these
days?  I've lost my own data countless times, so I know how easy it is
to lose everything; keeping everything safe is thus, just a little
less easy.

;
--
Jay Vaughan