All this mention of samplers

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 28 12:53:51 CEST 2008

> Yahoo groups are retarded.

they sure are.

> Apart from that, I can't find your software anywhere to download,
> probably because all places it was available link back to the now dead
> Teklab.

yeah i really wish i could get the teklab domain back somehow.  what a
pain in the ass.

> Surely you have it somewhere, Jay?

i don't, actually.  but i know there's a copy of it out there being
downloaded, because there are frequent new-users popping up every few
months in my mailbox with questions about the difference between
CDBonk and 1.1 .. and i get a couple of requests every few months from
other programmers who can't really tell the difference between a
filesystem, and the file contents, so i have a little cut 'n paste
explanation that i fire off every now and then.   seems that as long
as the a-samplers have life in them, someone will be trying to solve
the filesystem problems that disky already addressed.

> Or have you, like me, lost big chunks of your past..?

yup.  i lost all the disky sources in a catastrophic disk crash/
backups failure during the last few months of my leaving LA on the way
to Europe .. i still have the SFS filesystem code, just none of the
shim stuff i did to make it all work pretty.  i'd really like to do a
FUSE driver for it, because i still use my a5000, and it seems like
it'd be useful for the su700/r7k users out there too.  maybe one day
soon.

;
--
Jay Vaughan