Samplers are dead(?)

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 27 21:20:54 CEST 2008

>So the trick would seem to be to make a hardware box that plays
>samples in various formats that can be loaded onto it before a tour.

I was a huge fan of Akai samplers up until they stopped making them.  The
S5000 and S6000 are a real bargain right now if you want a hardware sampler.
I started using Kontakt because it supported Akai format.  Having owned Akai
samplers since the 80's, I had too much invested in the library to just
switch formats.  Now, I've sold all my samplers and just kept Kontakt as I
just flat out liked it better.  It's support of Akai format does mean that
you could have it both ways if you wanted.

James R. Coplin