New SID Synth

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 20:13:01 CEST 2008

You know your SIDs, Marc.  Have you seen the HardSID manual?  I think the
HardSID is slightly more hardcore than other SID synths in terms of it's
C64ness.  Mr HardSID wrote this today:
---------------------
..and also, sample playback and SID register (filter, pw, etc...) modulation
with other instrument's audio output is completely impossible with a device
that is connected to the computer via MIDI connection. That's why we dropped
the MIDI connection and focused on developing a SID device with powerful
hardware and stable firmware that acts like a hardware support for VST
plugin(s) and SID players/emulators. All of this is impossible with a MIDI
synth.
..and don't forget about the C64-to-Preset conversion which is not
implemented yet due to lack of time, but I have plans to implement it in the
future.
It is also impossible with other SID synths (not mentioning names, as I
don't want to blame anyone's hard work).
Not talking about using the unit with emulators, SID players, and also with
Winamp in the future (HS4U Winamp plugin is under development and it brings
new experience into SID music listening on PC).
I have no doubt that the HS4U is the most flexible SID device, so it is the
most powerful.
---------------------
The manual takes 10 minutes to read:

http://www.hardsid.com/files/doc/HS4U_VSTi_20080425.pdf

Table Editor (bottom of Page 13) is kind of what you have talked about, I
think..  I have only spent an hour of the Table Editor and only have a very
basic understanding of how it works.

Ta,

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"