BBC NEWS | Technology | Google's Android mobile unveiled

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 00:05:02 CEST 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> While android looks good, I have a feeling it will not have the same
> impact as the iPhone. The iPhone is an object, it's marketed, people
> want it. Android is a OS that will live on a range of devices, big to
> small. Most people wont even know what it is.

I think that's exactly why Android has a good chance of success. It
might not get the big headlines as Apple does, but I think it has a lot
of the ingrediences that make Microsoft successful in the business
world: There's a big driving force behind it with a track record of
continuity, you're not tied to a single hardware vendor, and it's sold
as a tool, not a lifestyle. I think Apple has the "chic" sector pretty
much covered, but there's a massive market left besides that.

But then, what do I know about mobile phones - mine has still a b/w
screen and over a week standby time even with 5 year old batteries... ;-)

Bye
Martin