Dual Mono = Stereo?

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 16 10:41:42 CEST 2008

Well it's actually pretty simple -- if youhave a high-energy bass on
the left side, compressing that will not influence anything on the
right channel -- so if your double-mono/stereo is unbalanced this way,
compressing the tracks individually will emphasize this.

if you are stereo-linking two mono-compressors, the signal on the
right will be compressed along with the left channel, creating a more
natural sound.

this is especially true for drums, where frequency rich-signals
(cymbals) and high energy bass (kicks) meet asymmetrically, but can
also affect other material.

Kai