walking hotspot

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 15 13:44:17 CEST 2008

cert van San ten wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?

I'm not normally cynical, but (ha-ha)

Looking at their router, just from first glance, it doesn't look like it
would have a very good range. So unless you mod it, or make it mobile,
your revenue stream is going to be £10 a year from an odd lone guinea
pig who never uses it again or simply joins up, thereby moving any
monies directly to source company via likely purchase of said equipment,
at a guess.

Adding to this the fact that it is illegal to boost your receive /
transmit levels beyond a pitiful amount without a license, which no
doubt is not less than your likely income, it becomes a 'we make money
from your goodwill' company. Of which there are increasing amounts, many
disguised as charities or not for profit ors.

With a quick calculation from their own figures, one can see that the
gross turnover since 2006 has maybe been about £21,000,000 from sales of
this 'super' router, presuming all members bought one.

To be a little fairer, there are at least 10 members around Aberdeen,
which surprised me. I guess there's still some suckers here :)