Latest gear score

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 15 00:56:55 CEST 2008

The Dong schreef:

> Hehe. One of the first FM synths.
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/synth_seal/html/fb01.html
>
> Got for £10 in a slightly sad state. Why not.

Oof! Did you get it on-line, or from a boot sale or something?

> I'll probably fix it up and use it as is, or rebuild it into a keyboard
> synth with an extended (midi) control surface using midibox based bits..

We would love to see the photos of that!

> I think I'm going to look out for old or bust up stuff and fix it up (or
> rebuild it into new gear) from now on, rather that buy new stuff.

That's a good idea, really. I think I've bought my last new synth for a
while to come as well. If the budget increases (hey, stranger things
have happened), I might start looking into old, hybrid synths from the
eighties (DCO+VCF sort of thing).

> It just stings too much to buy new kit, not that I've been able to
> afford any recently...

Let's not go there. My wife was rather reluctant to let me spend €64 on
my own birthday present. :)

- Peter