just a couple of hours until the iPhone 2.1 update

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 13 09:45:06 CEST 2008

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 10:41 PM, Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 12, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Gert van Santen wrote:
>>
>> as for this update, all I have to say is wow. Pretty much all the
>> issues I had before are fixed. Email, response time, backups, 3g
>> speed, signal.
>
> and it installs apps pretty fast now. Makes me wonder what the hell
> was wrong in the first place!

My experiences so far:
- Backups aren't much quicker than before
- Apps install a /lot/ faster
- Netnewswire still crashes on startup which is hugely irritating but
might be an app problem rather than an OS problem
- Signal level is fine but I haven't had any problems with that before
(pre 3G phone)
- Google Maps seems to be working better, might apply to other apps as
well but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

It's a good effort all in all, shame in wasn't 2.0 really.

Jonny