I LOVE DSI.

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 12 17:54:25 CEST 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Tony Scharf wrote:

>> No way! Waldorf made yellow bloody synths, they were eye catching,
>> and
>> they were cool looking.
>>
>> ugly is not eye catching, but this is the music world where cheesy
>> could be :(
>>

> This thing is desinged to look like a guitar pedal.  Guitar pedals,
> largly, thrive on ugliness.  I have never actually seen one that I
> thought looked cool

why is it designed to look like a guitar pedal? it's a synth not a
guitar petal.

I don't have any drum machines designed to look like a harpsichord...
though I wish I did.

>>> Also, dave has been working with Roger Linn on a lot of this stuff,
>>> and this kinda reminds me of the yellow Adrenalinn a bit.
>>
>> I just got a chill inside. Lets face it most of Daves recent stuff
>> has
>> been not that attractive, cept for the Prophet, and I hate those
>> little round knobs he uses.
>>

> Has any of it ever been attractive?  Dave is a function-first guy.
> Thats why I like the stuff.  I could give a rats ass what it looks
> like, so long as its sound is good.

right but that is what gave the tabletop evolver its crappy interface.

BUT

If Dave did care about what it looked like would we even have an
tabletop evolver?

If we did not have a tabletop evolver would there be a DSI today?

With out DSI would we be having this conversation?

With out this conversation would we even be here?

If we were not here does that mean we have been sucked into an
invisible black hole?