I LOVE DSI.

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 12 17:03:34 CEST 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Andy Tarpinian
> <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 12, 2008, at 9:39 AM, M-.-n wrote:
>>
>> I think it's a hoax. Something about the picture and name is wrong.
>> I don't
>> see Dave call an instrument MoPho. He's not from that generation.
>>

>> what about little phatty?
>> The name is actually rather clever MONOPHONIC SYNTHESIZER
>> At least it's ugly enough to give it's name justice. When people
>> design
>> cheap products do they make them ugly on purpose, or was there just
>> a sale
>> on yellow paint?
>
> its all about being 'eye catching'.  These days, ugly is eye catching.

No way! Waldorf made yellow bloody synths, they were eye catching, and
they were cool looking.

ugly is not eye catching, but this is the music world where cheesy
could be :(

> Also, dave has been working with Roger Linn on a lot of this stuff,
> and this kinda reminds me of the yellow Adrenalinn a bit.

I just got a chill inside. Lets face it most of Daves recent stuff has
been not that attractive, cept for the Prophet, and I hate those
little round knobs he uses.