time to buy some decent speakers/monitors ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 12 17:02:35 CEST 2008

James R. Coplin wrote:
> Event ASP-8s.  Best things going in the price category. I know they are
> Events but go give them a listen and ignore the brand.  You will be
> surprised.

I am still quite happy with my Event 20/20bas. They might not be the
most accurate speakers in the world, but bang for the buck, especially
regarding bass extension, they were quite good at the time. I'd be
reasonably comfortable getting another Event on the same basis, although
I have heard a lot of very good things about the Adams from people I trust.

For me personally, I like speakers going reasonably deep without the
need for a sub, so an 8" driver is almost a necessity. In Adam terms,
that'd be a P22 or P33 and therefore well beyond your budget. I'd
consider Niall's recent offer for the A7 if you're short on budget.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch
http://www.myspace.com/navisto