Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 7 17:55:01 CEST 2008

That was my experience exactly.  I was running a Panasonics DA7 digital
mixer and I loved it, but it was taking up too much space.  You can start to
see now why I have so much MOTU io in my setup.  Cubase lets me create the
same kind of FX sends so I can now just drop a vintage spring verb on a
track, or send a track to my modular rig with a click.  It really makes
outboard that much more important.  It is also why I am itching to find a
KSP8 with TDIF option installed. Enjoy!

James R. Coplin

From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of punkdISCO
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 10:45 AM
To: 'Music-bar'
Subject: RE: Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

Just a little update.. This Motu malarkey is ace!  Im on a PC and it all
just worked. Installation was a freeze and configuration was child's play.
I did an audio latency round trip test and the Motu is only 1ms out.  Im
running of with a buffer size of 64 samples and all is fine (sub 2ms).

The way it has opened up all my out board is incredible.  For example, I
have loads of synths with audio inputs that have never been used (Im too
lazy).  Now I have them all patched up as I have created some Live External
Effects so dropping a fr777 filter onto a track is not more difficult that
dropping a Ableton filter.

This is the second time I have tried to go mixer less.  The last time was
just with a 8 i/o card and it did not work out.  The flexibility in this
Motu setup is unparalleled in the analogue world; I will be very surprised
if I start to miss my mixer..

Ta for all the usual Mbar assistance..

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

Banned by YouTube video:  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"