Motu Suck. Reason #1

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 22:06:50 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 11:46:17AM -0500, James R. Coplin wrote:
> Since we are talking word clock, I've always had a nagging question.  I
> mainly use AES and S/PDIF for interfacing with my outboard.  Since both of
> these signals provide clock, is there any reason to also use wordclock?
> I've never had a problem with dropout and everything sounds fine.  Are the
> clocks actually all synced in this type of setup or just "close"?   Should I
> also implement the wordclock network?

I don't know if BNC wordclock is inherently better than
integrated clock, but in listening tests, I consistently favored BNC solutions over integrated
ones.  That might just reflect the quality of the
products, not the transmission method, so YMMV.  It wasn't
the kind of difference that would send me running for an
Apogee Big Ben or something like that, but I could hear it
in the end.

--
Yours,
Niall.