Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 20:36:49 CEST 2008

Le 31 août 08 à 16:42, Martin Naef a écrit :

> Another big plus for me is the
> 308. I don't know of any system that offers this rather unique
> combination of AES/EBU, S/PDIF coax and S/PDIF optical with 8 channels
> each. This is great to hook up my FX boxes. I just don't understand
> why
> it's no longer sold, though, or why they never built an mkII version
> with 96k capabilities.

It's one of the great MOTU mysteries…

MOTU rules on mac, but I'd be very cautious anything from them when
using a windows PC, MOTU is not very good at drivers compatibility in
this configuration… (still hoping it though, it's a shame good stuff
can't be plugged in and used without hassle sometimes).

I don't have recent input on this though.

now, there's happy PC users, fortunately.

The only alternatives on the 324/424 system I know of are either to be
searched at creamware (pc only, I don't know where they are right now
btw) and RME (a little bit better than MOTU stuff, but certainly not
the most clear systems to pick out… I've never understood their
website) or in high end systems with PT in mind… (and cash needed
accordingly)

My limited experience with creamware has been on the MIDI side: you
can't upgrade the OS of the Elektron stuff using their MIDI out, as it
send a MIDI clock 24/7… (hate hate)

Le 31 août 08 à 19:41, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Having said all that, it's a bit of a recurring theme on the MOTU web
> site that the PC version of the software doesn't support everything
> that
> the Mac version does. (They're not mentioning why, it might be an
> issue
> with Windows itself, but it does stand out.)

MOTU is very very mac centered (I may add fortunately ^^) and they
develop accordingly, looooong record of Windows coming second.

Denis H]
Je hais le ouifi