funny youtube stuff

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 14:17:34 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen schreef:

> That was cool. But I still don't understand how the LHC works. Oh
> well, hopefully it won't produce black holes in which the earth
> will disapear...

Nah, perhaps Geneva would disappear, so not much of a loss anyway. ;)

Basically, with the LHC they're trying to answer questions like "what is
gravity?" or "what causes our theory not to add up?" They will find a
bunch of small, elemental particles, adapt their theories accordingly,
find that they still don't add up, and need a bigger, even more
expensive collider, but at least they'll make another hip-hop song about it.

So now you know where your tax money is going. :)

- Peter